Thursday, July 30, 2009

Doyles Newfoundland




July 23

A sunny day.

On July 22 at 6:30 p.m. I was to take the ferry to Newfoundland, but the ferry did not leave dock until, maybe, 1 a.m., the next morning. We arrived in Port aux Basque after a four and a half hour journey. It took forever to get off the ferry. I'll devote a blog entry to ferries later on.

Since I was unable to reserve a hotel room in Port aux Basque, I needed to travel on to a little village called Doyles. I'm glad I did. My gracious host waited all night for me. He cooked great breakfasts, the scenery was delightful, and the buildings were quaint. Here there are photos of the Inn, and a restaurant up the street in another little village, Codroy. They typify the small businesses on the west coast of Newfoundland.

No comments: